Get your game-face on!
At Casino New Brunswick, you’ll find an atmosphere that is a unique mix of friendliness and excitement in a modern entertainment complex, built specifically with comfort and enjoyment in mind. Our employees are inviting, friendly and help convey a sense of fun that’s unique to the Maritimes.
Spanning 24,000 square feet, our Vegas-style casino is a hotbed of excitement. Our facility includes a multi-purpose Entertainment and Convention Centre, as well as a full-service Hotel and Spa.
Every job at Casino New Brunswick is important to the success of our business.
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Supervisor, the Buffet Runner is responsible for maintaining sanitary conditions within the foodservices department. Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for cleaning and sanitation of all dishware, stemware, glassware, pots, pans and utensils that are used for foodservice production and consumption on a daily basis within the buffet areas. The Buffet Runner is also responsible for maintaining sanitary working conditions within the foodservices department/buffet areas including walls, floors, generalised and special cleaning of kitchen equipment, and will adhere to all health and safety practices related to foodservice operations. The Buffet Runner is required to take all necessary precautions to protect and ensure that safe work practices are adhered to. This position involves frequent standing and walking as well as lengthy periods of working with chemicals. This position may require lifting weight of up to approximately 50 lbs.
Education and Experience
- The incumbent is required to have a basic understanding of foodservice establishments and the requirements and expectations of this position. Previous experience would be an asset, however training will be provided. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
- The skill requirements for this position include customer service, teamwork and cooperation, communication, self-development and initiative, valuing diversity, integrity and building trust, achieving quality results, technical/professional knowledge. These competencies are deemed important for the success of the position and Casino.
- Work to create customer-focused service & solutions
- Working effectively to accomplish organizational goals; taking action that respects the needs and contributions of others, contributing to and supporting consensus
- Self-starting; seeking out and/or willingly accepting assignments, responsibilities and challenges.
- Respecting diversity for the benefits of individual employees, the organization and the community as a whole.