Get your game-face on!
At Casino New Brunswick, you’ll find an atmosphere that is a unique mix of friendliness and excitement in a modern entertainment complex, built specifically with comfort and enjoyment in mind. Our employees are inviting, friendly and help convey a sense of fun that’s unique to the Maritimes.
Spanning 24,000 square feet, our Vegas-style casino is a hotbed of excitement. Our facility includes a multi-purpose Entertainment and Convention Centre, as well as a full-service Hotel and Spa.
Every job at Casino New Brunswick is important to the success of our business.
As the go-to person for assisting with food preparation, storage, and ensuring a safe working environment. The Prep Cook masters the tools of the kitchen trade from basic cutlery to oven operations. Working behind the scenes, you will help create memorable dining experiences so guests stay longer and generate positive word of mouth for your establishment. Under the direction of the Executive Sous Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Supervisor, the Prep Cook is responsible for preparing and serving a multitude of hot and cold menu items that are featured on The Casino buffet. The Prep Cook is required to take all necessary precautions to protect and ensure that safe work practices are adhered to. This position involves frequent standing and walking as well as lengthy periods of concentration when serving customers at the buffet. This position also requires some leadership qualities to assist with development of Kitchen Stewards when required.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports to the Executive Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Supervisor
- Ensure that recipes are produced in conjunction with and do not deviate from Casino s' standardized recipes
- Must have sound knowledge and understanding of all menu items offered
- Ensure that all food items are prepared and ready for service times.
- Attend training programs when required
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA), regulations and internal health and safety policies and procedures including any departmental policies
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all food and beverage staff and customers alike.
- Communicate to the Executive Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Supervisor any issues that may require assistance to remedy
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Must be available to work flexible shifts – The Casino Complex is a 24/7 operation
- Other duties as assigned
- The incumbent is expected to have basic food preparation knowledge and previous cooking experience of 1-2 years in a medium to large volume foodservice operation including hot and cold food preparation. Previous buffet experience, as well as a post-secondary education in a recognized Hospitality, Culinary Management programs or similar would be an asset.