Get your game-face on!
At Casino New Brunswick, you’ll find an atmosphere that is a unique mix of friendliness and excitement in a modern entertainment complex, built specifically with comfort and enjoyment in mind. Our employees are inviting, friendly and help convey a sense of fun that’s unique to the Maritimes.
Spanning 24,000 square feet, our Vegas-style casino is a hotbed of excitement. Our facility includes a multi-purpose Entertainment and Convention Centre, as well as a full-service Hotel and Spa.
Every job at Casino New Brunswick is important to the success of our business.
Purpose of Job
Supervisors provide valuable guidance, lead by example and excel at all facets of people management. Unleash motivation, engage talented people and drive sales for the establishment. Responsible for the effective use of all assigned personnel to achieve maximum operating results, revenue tracking and cost of sales control. Provides direction to staff on an assigned shift
- Responsible for interviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department
- Conduct Performance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; provide feedback; coaching and development guidance as needed.
- Respond to and handle employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Recommend or take appropriate action when administering disciplinary processes in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for planning, supervising and monitoring the work of the team members in assigned area(s).
- Responsible for monitoring legal compliance of provincial gaming laws.
- Supervises the day-to-day operation of the assigned outlet in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Establishes and administers training programs of subordinates within the assigned outlet.
- Counsels, guides and instructs personnel in the proper performance of their duties.
- Controls operations according to standards and guidelines.
- Maintains an efficient program of scheduling to ensure a high standard of food service with the use of minimum labor hours.
- Ensures that available facilities are adequate for the performance of duties by assigned personnel.
- Maintains and instructs assigned personnel as to safety and sanitation policies and procedures; ensures hazards are eliminated.
- Monitors appearance of food served and communicates deviations from standard to the Kitchen Supervisor.
- Acts immediately on all customer comments to ensure that corrections are made when possible.
- Performs assigned input work in compiling annual budgets.
- Prepares and coordinates the periodical performance reviews of assigned personnel.
- Recommends changes including hiring, promotion, demotion and release of personnel; recommends wage and salary adjustments for personnel within established limits.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents self as a credit to Casino New Brunswick and encourages others to do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Tracks outlet and employee performance against plan and initiates corrective action under the guidance of the manager to achieve revenues, operating expenses and National Occupational Standards.
- Must be proficient in using computers to complete related tasks.
- Ensure all Occupational Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assists with the execution of Banquet services.
- Assist with assessments when intoxication comes into question
- Ensures Responsible Beverage service at all times
- Must be able to work on feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands.
- Must be able to work shift work, days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Must pass a criminal record check
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Must be a graduate of Tourism/Hospitality Management or equivalent technical training in food and beverage field.
- Four years restaurant industry work, including two years supervision is preferred.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Two-year experience in food preparation is preferred. Must have Food Safety, Responsible Beverage training
- Must be Bilingual.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino, including all food and beverage service areas.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to push or pull up to 100 lbs. on a cart or dolly.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks at one time.
- Must be able to compile, compute and analyze pertinent data needed for reports.
- Must be able to negotiate with diverse departments.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and tactfully.
- Must be able to implement strategic vision and plan into day-to-day operations.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Facilitates change.