Get your game-face on!
At Casino New Brunswick, you’ll find an atmosphere that is a unique mix of friendliness and excitement in a modern entertainment complex, built specifically with comfort and enjoyment in mind. Our employees are inviting, friendly and help convey a sense of fun that’s unique to the Maritimes.
Spanning 24,000 square feet, our Vegas-style casino is a hotbed of excitement. Our facility includes a multi-purpose Entertainment and Convention Centre, as well as a full-service Hotel and Spa.
Every job at Casino New Brunswick is important to the success of our business.
FRONT OF THE HOUSE–BUFFET CASHIER/HOSTESS
Purpose of Job
Maintains and records daily sales on point of sale unit. Maintains a professional attitude and appearance to the customers. Provide attentive, cheerful, courteous and professional service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
Meet or exceed the knowledge, skills and behaviour requirements for Casino Complex Job Standard for Cashier - Hostess that includes, but is not limited to:
- Reports to the FOH Manager, FOH supervisor.
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know who will personally take care of them.
- Answer general questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services on the premise.
- Help to maintain clean service areas.
- Greets each customer, assists with their selection and completes all sales transactions.
- Ensure all casino policies and procedures are understood and adhered to at all times
- Ensure all NBLGC, casino and other provincial mandated laws, policies and procedures are stringently adhered to at all times.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all staff and customers alike.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with other casino departmental staff members
- Work collaboratively with the FOH Supervisors to ensure consistency and standardization of department requirements
- Communicate to the FOH Supervisors any issues that may require assistance to remedy
- Balance and record all cashier transactions as they apply to Buffet operation
- Sign out floats
- Always be available to attend cash along with the ability to serve guests when required.
- Other duties as assigned
Awareness of all amenities in the complex
Awareness of what’s going on in the complex (i.e. show schedule, hours of operation)
- Must be able to work standing for 8 hour shifts, and overtime as required.
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle -To conduct our jobs with concern for the environment and its resources. Whenever practical and possible, reduce use of items, re-use whenever possible and recycle those items that can be.
- The incumbent is exposed to constant noise in the workplace. The incumbent will need to be flexible in altering shift work to meet event and operational demands.
- Typical stressful conditions involved in this position include at times working with demanding guests
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA), regulations and internal health and safety policies and procedures including any departmental policies
- Must always report to work in a clean uniform and maintain proper hygiene and grooming at all times.
- Report to the FOH Supervisors any issue or defective equipment or protective device, which could endanger anyone
- Report to the FOH Supervisors any contravention of the OHSA regulations, or Casino safety policies and procedures by another employee
- Use equipment and material only in the manner intended.
- To help create a healthy work environment by not condoning, participating in or reporting, as you become aware, any harassment, discrimination, gossiping or unfair treatment of anyone
- Attend required safety training programs and apply the knowledge gained from these training sessions
- Adhere to WHMIS at all times
- Report all injuries, accidents and unusual conditions immediately to FOH Supervisors and follow any site policies that may apply
Know ledge and Skills Required
- Must have completed High School and be 19 years of age or older
- Required to be flexible on shifts and days off.
- Must have Criminal Background check done
- The skill requirements for this position include customer service, teamwork and cooperation, communication, self-development and initiative, valuing diversity, integrity and building trust, achieving quality results, technical/professional knowledge. These competencies are deemed important for the success of the position and Casino.
- Work to create customer-focused service & solutions
- Working effectively to accomplish organizational goals; taking action that respects the needs and contributions of others, contributing to and supporting consensus
- Expressing ideas and listening effectively, both verbally and non-verbally, to achieve understanding.
- Sharing information; giving feedback. Expressing ideas clearly and concisely in documents that have organization, structure, grammar, language and terminology adjusted to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Self-starting; seeking out and/or willingly accepting assignments, responsibilities and challenges.
- Demonstrating integrity in all decisions, communication and actions; modeling the values of the organization in the conduct of all business activities.
- Achieving an appropriate level of technical skills and knowledge in position related areas: Keeping abreast of current development, organizational policies, and trends in the area of expertise.