Get your game-face on!
At Casino New Brunswick, you’ll find an atmosphere that is a unique mix of friendliness and excitement in a modern entertainment complex, built specifically with comfort and enjoyment in mind. Our employees are inviting, friendly and help convey a sense of fun that’s unique to the Maritimes.
Spanning 24,000 square feet, our Vegas-style casino is a hotbed of excitement. Our facility includes a multi-purpose Entertainment and Convention Centre, as well as a full-service Hotel and Spa.
Every job at Casino New Brunswick is important to the success of our business.
BOH Shift Supervisor
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, or Sous Chef, the Kitchen Shift Supervisor is responsible to lead, coach, motivate and oversee all staff and aspects of the Food & Beverage departmental operations pertaining to the back of house during a prescribed shift. The Kitchen Shift Supervisor will assist in monitoring the back of house departmental operations during their shift and ensure that prudent decisions are made in order ensure operational efficiencies. The work is typified as a full time hands-on supervisory position and includes establishing priorities, developing plans, and ensuring work quality is maintained by staff.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and control department expenditures related to labour, food costs and other operational costs during the course of a specified shift
- Assist the Executive Chef and Sous Chef with the development and implementation of creative menu items for the various foodservice outlets working within prescribed food cost percentage allotments
- Plan and conduct pre-shift staff meetings
- Ensure POS - menu costing, and inventory information is current and accurate during prescribed shift
- Assist the Executive Chef and Sous Chef with maintaining all back of house inventory control levels to meet business volumes
- Assist the Executive Chef and Sous Chef with the development and implementation of, or modify (existing) department standards, policies and procedures where required
- Monitor employee position objectives along with encouraging employee development
- Coach and counsel staff in accordance with department and organization policies, procedures and provide performance development guidance and direction
- You must be 19 years of age or older
- You must be available to work a flexible schedule – The Casino Complex is a 24/7 operation
- Other duties as assigned
- The incumbent is required to possess 2-3 years experience in a progressive lead role or supervisory capacity of a large volume foodservice operation.
- The incumbent will have ongoing experience in a progressive lead role or kitchen supervisory position with practical hands on knowledge and experience in all facets of the Food & Beverage operations.
- An understanding of menu design, inventory control and food cost practices and procedures.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- The skill requirements for this position include customer service, teamwork and cooperation, communication, self-development and initiative, valuing diversity, integrity and building trust, achieving quality results, technical/professional knowledge. These competencies are deemed important for the success of the position and Casino New Brunswick.
- Work to create customer-focused service & solutions
- Working effectively to accomplish organizational goals; taking action that respects the needs and contributions of others, contributing to and supporting consensus
- Expressing ideas and listening effectively, both verbally and non-verbally, to achieve understanding. Sharing information; giving feedback. Expressing ideas clearly and concisely in documents that have organization, structure, grammar, language and terminology adjusted to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Self-starting; seeking out and/or willingly accepting assignments, responsibilities and challenges.
- Respecting diversity for the benefits of individual employees, the organization and the community as a whole.
- Demonstrating integrity in all decisions, communication and actions; modeling the values of the organization in the conduct of all business activities.
- Achieving an appropriate level of technical skills and knowledge in position related areas: Keeping abreast of current development, organizational policies, and trends in the area of expertise.
Please apply in confidence to jobs@CasinoNB.ca.
We offer our employees the opportunity to receive competitive compensation and benefits, along with a responsible work environment that encourages professional growth and development. We are committed to being known as one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.